Enable using new program/email for each sendThis feature is enabled by default for all accounts created prior to June 30, 2017. If your account was created prior to this date, you can activate it by:
1) If you still use SOAP, update your Setup to use REST API
2) Go to setup and select "Enable" (or Disable if you want to turn it off) using new program/email for each send.
How it worksDigesto will create a new program for each email delivered.
- New program will be created under the same parent folder as the original program
- New program will be named after "original program name + delivery date". Ex: Initial program "UK Digesto Feed". New program "UK Digesto Feed - 2017-05-01T18:31UTC"
- Digesto must be integrated using REST API. Accounts created prior to June 2016 Digesto used SOAP by default. Revisit the setup section to update to REST.
- Remove any snippets, push notifications, in-app messages, static lists, reports, and social assets from your Marketo program.
- Digesto cloned programs should not rely on using active (triggered) smart campaign as the cloned program will result in these campaign being inactive.
- Digesto cloned programs should not rely on newly clone program being synched with SFDC Campaign as the mapping of SFDC campaign will not be carried over during the cloning process.
Recommended setupTo prepare for easy Digesto emails reporting:
- To keep things organized, create or move your dedicated Digesto program under a distinct folder as new programs will be created under that same parent folder by Digesto. As a large volume of programs may be created over time,
- To visualize your stats, use an Email Performance or Link Performance report and chose "send date = All time". Add Marketing Activities Emails as a filter and select the folder created earlier. When you run your report, each email distributed will appear as a separate email and program .
- Optionally - Use your original program as a centralized/parent program to track progressions and SFDC Sync if needed. Keep in mind that cloned programs will not have these functionalities - as a result of smart campaigns being inactive and SFDC campaign mapping being empty.
If your one of the lucky few to have access to Email Insight, your Digesto email statistics can be visualized in a whole new way.