No Error Code
Source: Various sources
Potential issues: This is usually due to an invalid setting on your Marketo programs/campaigns or communication limits.
- Was there any new post published since the last time Digesto distributed your email (Digesto only distributes email if new posts are added)? Are the latest blog posts also visible on your rss feed? If you have published new posts and they don't appear on your feed, try disabling cache on your RSS feed pages.
- Check your Marketo campaign smartlist: review your filters and criteria. Go to schedule tab and review the count of qualified and blocked leads.
- Check your Marketo campaign results: did the campaign run?
If yes, check the results tab for email delivery or delivery errors. Look at specific entries for errors such as email bounces, delayed delivery, daily limit reached, etc.
If not, check your Marketo campaign schedule. Schedule setting should let lead run through flow every time.
Also verify that qualified leads are not black listed or unsubscribed.
Marketo Error - Unknown Error
Source: This is due to API communication error with Marketo
Potential issues: Marketo server unavailable, API limit reached, insufficient API permissions
- Verify your API credentials: Access Digesto/Setup. Verify API credentials and Save. Look for error messages - If your credentials are saved normally, then it is valid.
- Verify API Usage. Go to Marketo/Admin/Web Services. Under API Call Information, look for the daily limit and click that number for a review of your usage history. Max limit is 10 000 API calls per day by default. If this number has been reached, contact your Marketo AE to increase the limit or reduce the volume by disabling unnecessary calls/services.
- Go to any Digest and fire a test. If your test works normally, the error was a temporary and the situation is now back to normal. Your Digest will resume normally.
Marketo Error - Invalid Program / Campaign Name
Source: This is due to Marketo Program name or campaign name not matching Digesto settings.
Potential issues: Typing the name of these assets or copy paste may have added spaces, changed characters encoding or systems might ne be 100% in sync.
- Redo the copy/paste of program, campaign and test campaign name.
- Delete any extra spaces before or after the names
- Replace or delete special characters or accents (and replicate this change in both systems)
- Wait a couple minutes, then edit Digesto fields and save (or exit field as it will auto save) - look for specific error messages
RSS Feed Error - Unknown error
Source: This is due to your RSS feed being invalid or inaccessible (permanently or temporarly)
Potential issues: A new plugin or change to your CMS settings may have resulted in a undesired change in your feed. Feed server may also be non responsive or unavailable.
- Open a browser and type your RSS feed address to verify it is accessible
- Run your deed through this validation service: https://validator.w3.org/feed/
- Access your Digest and go to "Logs" and access the XML of the copy of the RSS feed results stored at the moment of processing your feed. See in anything anormal shows up in the data (ex: empty feed)
- Go to your Digest and fire a test. If your test works normally, the error was a temporary issue and the situation is now back to normal and your Digest will resume normally.