- Multilingual: Offer your leads the option to select the language of their choice.
- Custom Frequency: Let your leads decide if they prefer to receive a daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly summary.
- Summary vs Full Content: You may offer your leads to subscribe a summary of articles or use the "full articles" within the Digesto/Marketo emails. Here is an article on that topic. This one is often used in combination with Custom Frequencies where you can send full content of your last post on a daily basis or offer a weekly digest with only a short summary of the latest few articles.
- Custom Topics: Offer an "à la carte" menu and let your leads pick and chose which topic is of interest. This can typically be achieved by adding parameters to your feed URL. For example, here is the Marketo Blog URL: http://blog.marketo.com/ and related feed: http://blog.marketo.com/feed. Another version of this feed is also available and gives access to articles part of the "Content Marketing" topic here: http://blog.marketo.com/category/content-marketing-b2b-marketing. And related feed: http://blog.marketo.com/category/content-marketing-b2b-marketing/feed
Great...But How Will That Work?
1. Prepare Your Marketo DatabaseFirst, you will need specific fields to log your lead's preferences.
- If you do not already have a field to save your subscription preferences, create it. A simple checkbox or single select field will typically do the job
- Update your blog subscription forms to add the lead's subscription options
2. Create Your Marketo ProgramsWe recommend having a dedicated program for each of your feed subscriptions. Here's how:
- Create your first program (if you do not have one already)
- Clone it
- Update the local assets including email and list of subscribers
3. Identify Your Feed's URLProduce a feed for each of your subscription optionS
- Setup each feed so it creates the desired outputs (language, topics, summary vs. full article, etc.)
4. Create Your DigestsCreate a dedicated Digest for each of your feeds/subscriptions
- Setup each digest so that it is linked to it's Marketo sister program so that it will deliver a personalized feed or on a custom schedule
Related ArticlesHow can I Include the full article in my Digesto Email?